<body>







hello! i'm laurisa, a pro-listerner and a flower fan mayor. welcome to my animal crossing blog, where i talk about my adventures in my town, emerald! thanks for stopping by!
4/27/14 summary (Saturday, April 26, 2014 / 10:30 PM)
today mac finished moving in, saharah came to visit, and i enacted the town beautiful ordinance. it was also the first time visiting the island since resetting emerald. i was able to dive a ton! i got a lot of new things in my encyclopedia (that i have been logging in my nifty acnl app on iphone), so much so that it prompted phineas to come and give me the seafood maniac badge, which i was happy about.

personally, starting over has been really nice for me, but also fairly bittersweet. i was telling my mom the reason i love animal crossing is because it just absorbs all the stress and all the bad things i sometimes think about myself. it fills me with a kind of awe and childlike innocence that i haven't felt since, well.. childhood. there is a lot of attention to things i really love in the game (nature, animals, enjoying the simplicity of life). it feels really good to play - but back to what i was saying. starting this new town is making me miss the very first emerald, the one i created when i got the game on my birthday last year.

i miss nate dearly, as he was my favorite villager. he always made me so happy. whenever i have other lazy villages (currently, i have erik), it's hard for me to cope with the fact that they all say the same thing (in the past i have also had bones and beau, who of which are also lazy villagers), because these things in particular made me smile. i loved nate! i hope the people who are taking care of him now really appreciate him. i have hazel again, though, which is rather interesting and familiar, after having her in my original town. unibrow characters make me smile.

ah, and since weeding day was obviously yesterday (25th) and my town was void of any weeds, leif suggested topiares as public work projects, the only problem being with my town so unorganized i have no idea where to put them. i got a lily record player, too, but since club lol isn't unlocked yet, there's no music... hopefully i'll get on that soon!

so to sum up: mac unpacked, i dived a ton (and bought a wet suit!), and got the seafood maniac badge. not a bad day in animal crossing.

Labels: ,


older